Saturday, December 18, 2010

Arrival in Nairobi, Kenya on Friday 12 November 2010














Wow!  Here I am in Kenya at long last after thirty hours of flying and sitting around in airport lounges.  I feel very tired but elated all at once.










Back in Africa after nearly 27 years away.  My head was so fuzzy from exhaustion in the arrival lounge that I hardly can write up the arrival and visa forms.

But I move through the Customs and Immigration desks without too many hassles, to see Ray's happy, white smiling face looking strangely out of place amongst so many dark faces!  I was so relieved to see him again.

The gates to our compound





The drive back from the airport to our apartment is typical as many others: chaotic traffic moving every which way, and me sitting in the back seat numbed by tiredness and excited by the new scenes.  It seems the drivers here don't take heed the traffic lights and drive through red ones anyways. It's sort of a free-for-all affair, when you drive on the roads.

We arrived at our gated compound, complete with our smiling security guard, Benedict.

My new home is on the second floor and is a two bedroomed, two bathroomed apartment with kitchen, dining and lounge facilities. We also have a little laundry at the side.  Our apartment is one of 43 apartments in a big block.  It's very comfortable compared to some!

Well, I had better get to bed for some shut eye!  It's been such an exciting day - arriving in a new city and country, seeing Ray for the first time in months - all too much!!




Swimming pool at our complex

No comments:

Post a Comment